Indiana Code—Title 20, Article 24 – Charter Schools
IC 20-24-2-1 Purposes of charter schools
Sec. 1. A charter school may be established under this article to provide innovative and autonomous programs that do the following:
(1) Serve the different learning styles and needs of public school students.
(2) Offer public school students appropriate and innovative choices.
(3) Provide varied opportunities for professional educators.
(4) Allow public schools freedom and flexibility in exchange for exceptional levels of accountability.
(5) Provide parents, students, community members, and local entities with an expanded opportunity for involvement in the public school system.
As added by P.L.1-2005, SEC.8.
Discovery Charter School
800 Canonie Drive
Porter, IN 46304
Phone: (219) 983-9800
Fax: (219) 929-5723